There are many methods for cleansing our organs. I’ve struggled with many of them. Juice cleansing is powerful, but challenging to stick to and not always necessary or beneficial depending on the individual. Packaged herb cleansers can be terrific, but are expensive and can make you rush to the bathroom in pain. No one likes that. A raw food cleanse for 2 or 3 weeks is totally beneficial for most, but certainly has it’s challenges, especially if you are kitchen impaired or have a social life.
I was so thrilled to discover The Clean In 14 Detox book by Karma Chow’s Melissa Costello. Her cleanse is based on simple and delicious plant foods with the unique approach of including cooked foods in the detox program. I’m from a raw food background and mistakenly thought that organs can only be flushed and cleansed from a cleanse-diet of raw plant foods. Raw or living foods are a big part of any healthy lifestyle and any cleanse protocol, but it doesn’t have to be the entire plan.
The Clean In 14 Detox program by Melissa Costello allows you to EAT all the colorful amazing food you want, so you always feel nourished and satisfied, and still get all the wonderful results of a cleanse. Her recipes are superb and her guidance along the way opens you up to discover the very best version of you.
Watch to learn the Green With Envy Smoothie and why I really LOVE this book.
Are you kitchen impaired, or just don’t know how to make delicious and simple healthy food? I have an amazing solution for you. Culinary Healing: Healthy Recipes In 5 is a 3 DVD set with follow-along recipe demonstration videos for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack. All recipes are gluten, dairy and soy free and 100% plant based. PLUS a BONUS video of Therapeutic Home Spa Treatments that enhance beauty and feel extraordinary. You’ll see! I want to help you feel confident in the kitchen and give you everything you need to know to thrive in health, and beauty! Check it out.
With love, light and green drinks,
Everybody loves a win win, this recipe definitely delivers that. The rich mineral profile or organic raw cacao bitterly delights the palate. I feel my bones and blood getting stronger when I enjoy this creamy dreamy fresh pressed cacao milk.
I’m using Ojio raw organic cacao beans and raw almonds...and the best vanilla powder on earth!
To receive FREE recipes, healthy eating training videos, and natural beauty tips, visit Blythe Natural Living.
If I told you one food that would support your health like no other, would you eat it on a regular basis?
What if I told you that special food only takes about 20 minutes to make and will feed you for 2 weeks on a second’s notice, would you make it?
….Oh, and it costs about $8…total…for 2 weeks of amazing nutrition.
The profoundly supportive food I’m speaking of is fermented veg! That’s right, good ol’ fermented vegetables.
I knew for a long time that fermented foods were an important part of a healthy diet….yet, I didn’t make them because I didn’t understand how. I watched several videos on how to make my own sauerkraut, but it didn’t work. I ruined a couple batches and gave up.
Then….my dear friend and holistic health coach, Christina Afentoulis, said, “I’ll show you how!” Fermented vegetables are in all of her protocols for patients. They are a profound component in our body’s ability to self-heal, and they are actually very quick and easy to make.
One thing we forgot to mention in the video is that the brine from the previous batch will culture the new batch. So, for your first batch you will use a culture starter, which cost between $20-30 for a box of several starter pouches. The super cool thing is you don’t need to use a new culture pouch for every batch. You can simply take 3 or 4 Tbsp of the previous batch brine and add it to the new brine after the first blend, and there you have a new culture starter without opening a new pouch, it’s FREE!
More good news: There is no need to make the new batch the same day you harvest the current batch. Simply take the brine from the glass jars you store your fermented vegetables in, in the fridge.
There’s more fermented fun coming up! We will show you how to make pickles and super yummy fruit kvass. Stay tuned.
Get Email Updates with recipes, tips, inspiration and free natural lifestyle giveaways!
Blythe Metz Ph.D
Hi Dear Ones,
Is your sleep environment toxin free? Sounds like a silly question, but one worth asking in today’s petrochemical laden world. Changes are, if you’re sleeping on a conventional mattress, you are sleeping on chemicals I promise you aren’t necessary or optimal to interact with.
Take a look at this brief video to gain more awareness, so next time you purchase a mattress, you’ll buy organic!
With love, light and green drinks,
Looking for a quick and tasty meal? Try these fabulous French Tartines from The Healthy Voyager.
Did you know you can make AMAZING pancakes with just a banana, a scoop of almond butter and an egg? YUP, put that in the blender, blend it up and put batter on the griddle as normal. They turn out absolutely perfect.
My pal Gary Golding, from The Goldling State show, came on my show to teach me this, and he added something special, pine pollen.
Watch the episode and LIKE if you like it:)
In this episode, Gary talks about the benefits of pine pollen and how to harvest it yourself.
We love you, we want to see you thrive!
Until next time, feel good friends, and good food helps!
We learn early on that actors don’t get sick. You work, sick or not. Moms and dads too! right? There are no sick days for parents. These two remedies stop a cough, cold or flu in it’s tracks. They have worked for me without fail for 15 years.
Hope you enjoyed the video and will implement what you learned. Take the herbs I suggest in the video at the very first sign of imbalance, be it that itch in the back of the throat, or a weakness, or however your body tells you it needs something. Our bodies respond wonderfully to plants, they are designed for us. Life is profoundly more bright when we consume a variety of plants.
SUBSCRIBE to the Blythe Natural Living Youtube Channel for more on healthy, happy living.
Visit www.BlytheNaturalLiving.com for Culinary Healing™ 5 Minute Recipes For Health, Happiness and Beauty.
Feel good friends! Good food helps:)
Happy Holidays one and all! I love this time of year. Giving is one of my very favorite things to do. In addition to the Parsley Mint Cleanser/Toners I made for some girlfriends, this year the gift is Herbed Olive Oil. This is a simple and fabulous gift that is sure to please anyone who cooks…or at least uses oil olive to dip bread in:) You will need:
- Oil bottles (I bought mine at the 99 cent store…which I don’t care for particularly, but it’s good for things like inexpensive glass bottles)
- A funnel
- Fresh Rosemary, Thyme, & Oregano. Ideally they should be dry before putting them in oil. I buy fresh herbs and let them sit out for 3 days, or put them in the dehydrator on 125 for 1 hour. You can use just one of these herbs, two, or all three.
- 3 garlic cloves per bottle
- 3 dried cayanne peppers
- Olive oil, or oil of choice, ideally organic and cold pressed. Sesame oil is nice, chia or grapseed oils are nice. I choose olive oil for it’s bright color and price range.
- Simply wash all bottles with hot soapy water and let dry. If water pellets remain inside the bottles, put the bottles in the oven on 200 for about 30 minutes. This will dry them out perfectly. If you fill the bottles with oil when there is water pellets on the glass, it will create bubbles along the glass and won’t be as attractive of a gift.
- If bottles are dried in the oven, let them cool for at least 15 minutes before handling them. Be careful:)
- Fill the empty bottles with garlic and dried cayenne pepper. Then add the dried sprigs of herbs. Choose any herb you like, or whatever herbs your loved ones enjoy. All herbs have therapeutic properties, so this gift is a high quality nurturing gift.
- After adding all the herbs, pour in the olive oil USING A FUNNEL. Be sure air flows between the funnel and the lip of the bottle so the oil pours in nicely.
- Put cap on.
- Tie with a pretty ribbon.
- Feel free to add a label. I thought it looked prettier without a label.
For more on Culinary Healing™, 5-Minute Recipes for Health, Happiness and Beauty, visit Blythe Natural Living.
2 cups fruit, any kind. (I like kiwi, berries or apples best)
3 Tbsp organic chia seeds
1 1/4 cups water
In glass measuring cup, mix water and chia seeds. Stir and let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Purée fruit of choice and chia seed mixture in food processor or blender.
- Pour chia and fruit mixture on dehydrator tray with teflex sheet, prior to dehydrating. Dehydrate 12-16 hours on 105. Remove by peeling the fruit leather off the teflex sheets. When it’s completely dry it will peel with ease. If it doesn’t peel with ease, dehydrate for another 4-7 hours. Drying times vary because the water volume in different fruits vary.
This quick and delightful recipe serves your body with a broad spectrum of nutrients.